10 Ghoulishlly Great Party Ideas
Halloween is a great time for parties, whether for adults, teens, or children. You can throw a party that includes all ages, or you can make it more age-specific. No matter how you celebrate Halloween, it’s helpful to have some ideas on how to plan the perfect Halloween party. Here are some suggestions and ideas.
A good place to start in your planning is to decide on a theme for your party. Of course it’s a Halloween theme, but that’s a bit general. Coming up with a unique theme makes your party fun and special, and helps you decide on specifics like food and decorations. Try some of these themes on for size.
* Edgar Allen Poe – Pay tribute to one of literature’s greatest writers of horror. Choose some of his more famous and chilling works, such as “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” and “The Raven” and look to them for inspiration. Decorate with Poe-era items that denote his craft, such as an old typewriter or dip pens and ink wells.
* Alfred Hitchcock – While we’re on the topic of famous “scary” individuals, why not include Hitchcock? Look to his movies and books for decoration ideas (lots of birds!). You can include one of his movies as part of the party, too.
* Cartoon costumes – For kids, why not have a party where everyone comes dressed as his or her favorite cartoon character? You could serve food that corresponds with popular ‘toons, like “Krabby Patties” for SpongeBob and “Smurfberries” for Smurf characters.
* Haunted places – Decorate your house like an old, haunted castle and show episodes of ghost-themed reality shows. The haunted house theme could be funny (think “Ghostbusters”) or more haunting (think The Tower of London).
* Historical era – Choose your favorite historical era and build a party around it! Eighteenth-century England, the Middle Ages, the 1980s and everything in between can all be great party themes.
2. Skip a theme and go for decorations that are easy to make are included to make it more of a Halloween Theme!
Now that you have come up with your theme, design your invitations accordingly. Hitchcock- or Poe-themed parties could have invitations with a symbol of the person or one of his works on the invitation (Hitchcock’s profile, for instance, or Poe’s raven). Cartoon character invitations are easy to make or find. A haunted places theme could feature castle-shaped invitations cut from black card stock with silver or grey gel pen writing (or printer ink).
5. Check out the Halloween Crafts to make at your party! Or even the paper plate decorations from number 1.
6. Drinks and snacks are a must have for any party! Check out these perfect Halloween food and drink ideas!
7. Who doesn’t love goodie bags? Give out guest favors like the Pumpkin Favor Bags, Jack O Lantern seeds, or even these adorable Candy Corn Cones! Include some Make Your Own Slime and send home in a plastic cup.
8. Take lots of pictures to capture the memories that are being made!
9. Make sure children’s parties have enough adults to supervise! There can never be to many hands to help!
10. Have a great time!!
Let me know how your party turns out with these 10 Ghoulishlly Great Party Ideas!!
$10 Free for College Savings too!!