Droid Ultra Tips, Tricks and More!!
So after a few months of using the Blackberry Z10 I can officially say I’m a Droid fan. I enjoyed the Blackberry Z10 the last month I used it primarily because my Droid Razr bit the dust. It was a love hate relationship the last three months but it proved several things to me.
- I’m more geeky than I would like to admit. It was a challenge getting the apps I wanted on it to make it mine.
- I’m a Droid lover, but had the Blackberry Z10 been out when I upgraded to the touch screen two years ago I would have swore I was a Blackberry brand forever girl.
Our daughter who is 15 has always had a “dumb phone” as we call them is absolutely in love with the Blackberry z10. She has officially made it into the smartphone world and loves it. It got even better when I side loaded “Snapchat.” And even her softball coach is impressed with the Blackberry z10. Since he has the previous version he is contemplating upgrading. Of course we told him he would be in great hands because we had figured lots out by trial and error. His response? I will keep you and Liz both on speed dial. Deal!
- Bodia Media and C25K. Body Media is a thing I wear on my arm to tell me how much activity I am getting each day. C25K is my latest addition to my fitness routine.
- Advanced Task Killer kills all the applications to help save your battery.
- WordPress to do blog posts on the go, yes I’m that bad. Hootsuite to schedule blog posts once I have them completed.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and let’s not forget Instagram.
- Money Saving Apps: Ibotta, Shopkick, Viggle, Jingit, Swagbucks, Shop Savvy( this is one of my favorites, so I know I’m getting the best deal, always), Gas Buddy and Retail Me Not.
- Games: Candy Crush
- Email: Gmail and Yahoo Mail
- And last but not least Google Drive so I can work on the go.
What do I love about the new Droid Ultra?
- Go Google Now is one of my favorites, I can talk to Google and get my answers automatically without having to touch my phone.
- Gorilla Glass!! It has protection to prevent it from breaking, perfect! Because I go through roughly one phone a year.
- The Double Twist wrist to get the camera to work is amazing!! It makes snapping the perfect picture super easy.
- And a million and one other cool features that I’m sure to tell you about soon. Ok, not a million but there are several of them!!
- Screenshots is easy!! Just hold down the power button and the volume down and you hear a snap!
- And if you loose your phone you can just say “Ok Google Now, Call my Droid.” Genius!!
- It’s a Droid!! And I’m back in the Droid world!!
Stay tuned for more updates on the Droid Ultra as I find more tips, tricks and more!!
“Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Savers Voice program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.”